The Busara Center for Behavioral Economics
The Busara Center is growing once again. We are taking applications for new associates. This year we have tripled the size of our associate team, moved to our shiny new offices at Daykio Plaza, run two major conferences, and worked to apply behavioral science to everything from sanitation to digital savings.
We’ve examined poverty through the prism of aspirations, stress levels and cash transfers. We are now operating in Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Nigeria, as well as Kenya.
That’s all in pursuit of our twin missions of advancing behavioral science and alleviating poverty.
Does this sound interesting?
If so, are you looking to:
- Design and develop research projects
- Recruit partners like the from academic institutions, development banks, large NGOs, private companies and social enterprises and manage the relationships
- Implement qualitative and quantitative behavioral research
- Develop and pilot instruments
- Manage large scale field and lab projects with leading academics and institutions
- Organize, clean and analyze data
- Disseminate results, prepare project reports and present results
- Design future scope of works
- Live and work in East Africa with a base in Nairobi
Good. So you’re interested in the organization and what the role entails.
But do you have what we’re looking for?
- A Bachelor’s degree in economics, social sciences, public policy, or related fields. Other fields will be considered.
- 1-3 years previous work experience in a related field
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English
- Interest and experience working in a fast-paced working environment
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, a team player
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations
- Strong quantitative skills including knowledge of and experience working with data analysis software
- A Master’s degree in economics, social sciences, public policy, or related fields
- Experience managing and mentoring staff
- Familiarity with and interest in behavioral economics or science
Interested and qualified?
Great – CLICK HERE to apply online before October 26th, 2016.
Want to learn more about the Associate role at Busara or working and living in Nairobi?
A live web information session with current Busara Associates will be held on October 20th, 2016 to answer all your questions.
Details about how to participate will be provided to applicants before this date.