Contract Duration: Three Years
Reporting to the Manager, Strategy Delivery & Coordination, the incumbent shall be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that legal risks are identified and appropriate courses of action are taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management, especially on contract management
- Review and advise Management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies ensuring that they are in compliance with all regulatory, statutory and legal requirements
- Review progress of outstanding litigations and advise management accordingly.
- Representation and Management of cases in tribunals and courts in Liaison with the Company Secretary, UoN Legal Office and External Lawyers appointed by UNES
- Formulate compliance check-lists to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly.
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise management accordingly.
- Preparation of updates to Management in relation to amendments to statutes and legislation.
- Review all contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the management’s attention.
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
- Review and provide legal advice on tender documents.
- LLB degree from a recognized University and practice Certification
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Must have at least three (3) years’ experience in a busy legal department preferably in a commercial entity.
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills necessary for interaction with stakeholders.
- Knowledge of dealing with the Government and/or Commercial Contract Administration; particularly Contract Negotiation, Preparation and Administration.
- Ability to provide independent advice to senior level management on technical matters.
- In depth knowledge of Regulatory Law.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
- Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
- Names of 3 referees.
- Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- Completed Personal Data Form (DOWNLOAD: Applicants Personal Data form UNES FM A 022).
- Indicate the Job Reference Number of the Envelope.
All applications to reach the undersigned on or before October14, 2016
Chief Manager, Finance & Administration
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
UNES is an equal opportunity employer.