Vacancy: Program Manager – The Nia Project (Kilifi, Kenya)
About ZanaAfrica: ZanaAfrica is a social enterprise headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya that provides dignity and inspiration for women and girls to live their purpose through sanitary pads and related products.
We envision a future where girls in East Africa live healthy, safe, informed lives while defining their own purpose – a world in which menstrual health management is recognized as a human right, and the onset of puberty as the most effective time to engage girls in a range of personal health decisions.
About the Program Manager Role: ZanaAfrica seeks to grow its team through the addition of a Program Manager who will lead the project management, implementation, and monitoring of The Nia Project, a two-year program that is part of a larger study in which three different school-based menstrual and reproductive health interventions will be implemented monthly among Class 7 and 8 girls in 100+ schools in Kilifi, Kenya.
The Program Manager role is a two-year renewable contract position.
Program Implementation + Monitoring:- The Program Manager will be responsible for ensuring the implementation and monitoring in this four-armed randomized controlled trial to the highest standard possible, in collaboration with ZanaAfrica’s local implementing partner in Kilifi.
Project Management:- The Program Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all necessary intervention implementation and logistics preparation activities are carried out to a high standard and according to the project timelines in advance of the program launch in May 2017, and throughout the 20-month program to December 2019.
Relationship Management:- The Program Manager will play a key role in maintaining strong relations at the county and national level, with government authorities as well as ZanaAfrica’s implementing CBO partner at the study site.
Additional responsibilities associated with this role may include but are not limited to grant writing, partnership development, and attendance at local or international conferences.
Applicants for the Program Manager role should exhibit the following qualifications:
- Graduate-level degree in Public Health, Public Policy, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Behavioral Economics, or a social science field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years relevant work experience that includes implementing and monitoring large-scale, girl-focused programs in Kenya or an East African country with a high level of detail. Experience running interventions for randomized controlled trials is a plus.
- Go-getter attitude with an unabashed commitment to doing whatever it takes to get a job done, on time, while motivating others to do the same.
- Demonstrated ability to execute project, personnel, and partnership management to an extremely high caliber. Enthusiastic and collaborative team player.
- Outstanding attention to detail and proactivity in carrying out tasks. Analytical and strategic approach to project management is a must.
- Demonstrated skills in overseeing the coordination, collection, and management of large data sets. Expertise using mobile apps to collect field-based data is a plus.
- Previous experience coordinating field teams in resource-limited environments.
- Humility. We are a small, gritty team achieving big things. We check our egos at the door.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili. Fluency in Giriama is a plus. Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Unbounded enthusiasm for realizing, and advocating for, girls’ sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Kenyan or East African candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
ZanaAfrica values girls and womens’ right to choice in their reproductive health management, including access to family planning and abortion services. Any hired candidate will be expected to represent such values internally and to external partners.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover letter outlining their qualifications and enthusiasm for the Program Manager role, both in PDF format, to email@example.com.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2016