In July 2016, ACWICT was announced as a winner of the DREAMS Innovation Challenge, which is funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR); Janssen Pharmaceutical NV (Janssen), one of the Janssen pharmaceutical companies of Johnson & Johnson; and ViiV Healthcare. The award is managed by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc.
The innovation ‘Vusha Girls Employability Program’ will be implemented in Kisumu and Nairobi counties to reduce young women’s risks for transactional sex and HIV infections.
ACWICT therefore seeks to recruit a highly committed individual to fill the following position:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop Communication plan for the project to accomplish goals within scheduled tasks, deadlines and milestones.
- Design, develop and implement project activity and event messages.
- Develop and implement communication strategies to build sustainability and high impact for the project.
- Develop and review content for the Project’s online presence including the website portal and social media.
- Develop communication material for the project update and progress reports, brochures, success stories from the from the field and media relations.
- Work with the project implementation teams to collect, document and share success stories and human interest stories.
- Building relationships with key media stakeholders to ensure coverage of program activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Communications.
- Experience in development field communications.
- Interpersonal communications skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Proficient IT skills.
How to Apply
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is 5th December 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
ACWICT is an equal opportunity employer