Organization: Adeso – African Development Solutions
Position Title: Personal Assistant
Reporting To: Executive Director
Working With: Executive Director, Heads of Departments, Country Directors, Program Team
Program / Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: 1 year (Renewable)
Starting Date: Immediately
Organizational Context: Adeso is an expanding and vibrant African based international development and humanitarian organization. We work with communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive.
Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming.
Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the core function of this position is the coordination of activities (operations and planning) and ensuring timely flow of information to and from the executive office.
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications and opportunities from external and internal sources, and organize and maintain administrative processes essential to this position.
This is a high demand position requiring someone who can be available at the request of the Executive Director and her schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing;
- Arranging travel, visas and accommodation and, occasionally
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority;
- Organizing and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
- Dealing with post, often corresponding on behalf of the manager;
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Liaising with clients and other staff.
- responsibility for accounts travel and medical reconciliations
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, administration and business management.
- Minimum 1 year or equivalent work-related experience
- Applicants with secretarial background will be an added advantage.
In addition to relevant experience and secretarial and administrative knowledge, you will need to show evidence of the following:
- exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages;
- the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- good organisational and time management skills;
- the ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely;
- excellent interpersonal skills;
- the ability to work on your own initiative;
- honesty and reliability;
- attention to detail;
- flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines;
- discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional.
If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to email@example.com, quoting the position in the email subject matter, by 25th November, 2016.
Each application should be addressed to the HR Manager and include the following:
- An updated CV; and
- An application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.