African Natural Resources Center
Terms of Reference: Videography
Introduction: The African Natural Resources Center of the African Development Bank (AfDB) – a non-lending entity – was established to assist regional governments maximize development outcomes from Africa’s natural resources, by boosting the capacity of the regional governments to achieve inclusive and sustained growth from natural resources.
The scope of the mandate covers renewable (fishery, forestry, land and water) and non-renewable (minerals, oil and gas) resources.
The Center supports African governments by collaborating with regional institutions, the private sector, CSOs and donors.
In line with the African Development Bank’s new strategy, the ANRC focuses on land as a natural resource that requires good governance, gender inclusion and thriving agricultural practices to achieve inclusive and sustainable development, as per the High5 priorities.
Thus, the African Natural Resources Center is holding a workshop that will bring together various players in land governance and women’s roles, to evaluate toolkits that delve into these systemic issues.
The workshop will take place in Nairobi on 22nd and 23 of November, 2016. The Center requires a photographer / photography team to cover the event.
Scope of Work
The nature of the work, development of short films for digital communication of the AfDB through ANRC, will be undertaken over the course of four (4) days: November 22 and 23, 2016 for shooting; and November 24 and 25 for editing.
Under the guidance of the communications expert of ANRC, the videography team will thus:
- Conduct strategic filming of the four workshop sessions;
- Record b-roll documentation of workshop activities;
- Interview participants using pre-set guided questions;
- Edit videos.
Deliverables: The duration of the assignment is four (4) days, commencing on November 22, and to be concluded on November 25.
Thus, on a portable hard drive, the videography team will provide:
- Four (4) videos, each lasting no more than three (3) minutes in .mp4 format, with dimensions / size at HD (1920 x 1080), and a file size of no more than 800 Mo.
- One video of key workshop deliberations, achievements and impact in .mp4 format, with dimensions / size at HD (1920 x 1080), and a file size of no more than 800 Mo.
- All recorded materials from the workshop – including b-roll and rushes / raw footage
APPLICATIONS TO BE SUBMITTED TO:
Ms. Olive Thiong’o
Telephone: +225 20 26 52 17
NB: Only companies registered on the AfDB supplier roster (available HERE) will be considered.
If you have not yet registered on this (DACON) roster, please let us know and register as soon as possible.