Job Title: Business Operations Manager
In charge of Mombasa Office
Reports to: Business Development Manager
Summary: Responsible for business development, planning, implementation and review of the company’s Business Strategy and operational activities, resulting in profitable business growth.
- In liaison with the Head of Business, responsible for development and execution of business development & corporate strategy by planning, managing business operations in the Mombasa and the greater coast region,
- Develop and implement business development and sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business targets,
- Develop sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions,
- In liaison with the Head of Business, develop, implement, monitor and review a detailed annual business operating plan and annual targets for revenue and profits,
- Ensure customers requirements are fulfilled in an efficient manner,
- Set up customers database, with the objective of developing an up to date knowledge base to implement best practice processes and actions to meet/exceed customer expectation,
- Responsible for delivery of return on investment through leveraging revenue and generating high profit margins market growth,
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships,
- Solicits feedback regularly from customers to monitor perceived performance of the service delivery, communicate feedback from customers and make recommendations for improvement of service delivery,
Lead and develop the team to support business strategies and deliver exceptional, profitable business growth,
- Scheduling of orders for delivery to customers, taking into consideration safety (no incidents) and transport economics (full loads whilst maximizing drop size, with no unplanned returns) and meeting/exceeding customer expectation,
- Identify opportunities for improvement in secondary transport scheduling by networking with the operations team,
- Manage various delivery crises (such as product shortage/damage, vehicle breakdowns etc) without compromising HSE standards,
- Ensure that all sub –contractors are working efficiently and for the growth of the company by monitoring all sub – contractors ,
- Ensure that consignments are tracked and reports on vehicle movement availed to the internal team and customer and intervene when there are deviations from the planned schedule,
- Ensure that all reports required by the various departments or head office are submitted as and when required, and that all relevant loading documents and receipts are submitted to the finance department without any discrepancies,
- Manage branch employees, including induction, recruitment, performance monitoring, mentoring and training,
- Ensure weekly meetings are held with the team and minutes submitted to the relevant persons,
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the regulatory environment affecting the operations of the business,
Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Management.
- Degree in Sales & Marketing, Business Management/Administration or any other related field
- Progressive work experience with five (5) years experience in Logistics or Import/Export business development,
- Experience coordinating transport/logistics
- Experience carrying out market survey in product handling
- Individual should have a good contact base in Mombasa
- Team player with excellent managerial skills
Candidates who meet the criteria should send their CV’s to email@example.com on or before 20th November 2016.
Candidates MUST indicate their current & expected salary.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.