Job Title: Communications / Events Coordinator
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya was established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth in the society with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
Job Purpose: The Communications Coordinator will work with the Director of Program and others in CAP YEI to develop and implement communications strategies and oversee the effective organization of common public events.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive communication strategy and procedures for CAP YEI
- Manage creation, production, and dissemination of printed publications for education, development, and administration purposes (such as newsletters, brochures, annual report, exhibition and events materials etc)
- Manage creation and selection of materials for print and electronic communications
- Support the development and execution of branding and other materials for major organizational initiatives
- Collaboratively manage and coordinate creation and update of web and multimedia content; responsible for content-related protocols to keep web site, face book and other media channels up to-date
- Work with IT and other staff to ensure ongoing improvement of CAP YEI website, including regular updates and redesigns
- Conduct media relations programs for selected events or activities
- Write and distribute press releases and pitch the local and international media to secure media placement for CAP YEI
- Train and support staff to become effective communications ambassadors for CAP YEI
- Manage and support the organization of events like Alumni network gatherings, dissemination events, E-days, graduation events and others
- Establish and maintain relationships with partners, donors and event sponsors as needed and coordinate volunteers and staff involved in event organization
- Manage and verify documentations / reports.
- Any other job assigned.