Position: HR Officer
Nature of Job: Full time
Location: Nairobi with occasional travelling
Salary: Kshs. 30,000 – 40,000
Our client, a leading construction company, is looking for a qualified Human Resources Professional who will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing and evaluating human resources policies, programs and practices.
Roles and Responsibilities
Daily duties and responsibilities will include:
- Answering employee questions and processing incoming mail
- Providing customer service to organization employees
- Serving as a point of contact with benefit vendors/administrators
- Updating and maintaining employee records/data both soft and hardcopy files
- Setting appointments and arranging meetings
- Compiling reports and spreadsheets and preparing spreadsheets
- Handling recruitments – from advertising to onboarding
- Ensuring background and reference checks are completed
- Preparing new employee files
- Overseeing the completion of compensation and benefit documentation
- Orienting new employees to the organization (setting up a designated log-in, workstation, email address, etc.)
- Conducting benefit enrollment process
- Administering new employment assessments
- Serving as a point person for all new employee questions
Payroll and Benefits Administration
- Processing payroll and answering payroll questions
- Facilitating resolutions to any payroll errors
- Participating in benefits tasks, such as claim resolutions, reconciling benefits statements, and approving invoices for payment
- Maintaining current HR files and databases
- Updating and maintaining employee benefits, employment status, and similar records
- Maintaining records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Performing payroll/benefit-related reconciliations
Minimum qualifications for HR Officer Job
- Higher Diploma in Human Resources Management, Degree will be an added advantage.
- Member of IHRM.
- 2 years’ experience in the same capacity in a busy environment.
- Well conversant with the labour laws.
- Works well under pressure.
- Familiar with Human Resources Information Systems
- Strong administration skills
- A high level of confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
How to Apply
If qualified send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th November, 2016
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.