Deputy Regional Director – Horn of Africa and Yemen Region
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) s an independent, non-profit organization (NGO), founded on the basis of humanitarian principles, and human rights based approach, to secure the protection of refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs), and to promote long term solutions to the problems of forced displacement.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) invites applications for the position of Deputy Regional Director who plays a critical role in the regional operation.
- Strategy Programme Development
- Policy coordination
- Donor, grant and relationship management
- Programme Development & Quality Management
- Staff Management
- Secretariat Management
- Master’s degree in International Development or related field.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of management experience at senior level, preferably in complex humanitarian environments.
- Proven ability with respect to the design, management, monitoring and evaluation of large scale country and/or regional programmes, preferably with a focus on protection and durable solutions for refugees and displaced people.
- Demonstrated success in fund raising, networking, advocacy and coordination highly desirable.
- Demonstrated success and experience with donor liaison.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience with humanitarian accountability.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and adaptability.
- Work related experience from the Horn of Africa region or similar complex displacement situations.
- Experience working in insecure environments and willingness to travel within the region.
Application and CV
Qualified candidates are invited to access full job description on this link www.drc.dk under vacancies.
Please submit applications online on this link by 4 December, 2016
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies.