East Africa Trade and Investment Hub
Background: The East Africa Trade and Investment Hub (the Hub) is the U.S. government’s flagship project under the presidential Trade Africa initiative, launched in 2013 to boost trade and investment with and within Africa.
The Hub partners with East African and U.S. businesses to attract investment needed to transform the East African private sector into vibrant global trading partners.
Improving the region’s trade competitiveness, encouraging the diversification of exports beyond natural resources, and promoting broader, more-inclusive economic growth will lead to more food secure and resilient East African communities.
The goal of the Hub is to deepen regional integration, increase the competitiveness of select regional agricultural value chains, promote two-way trade with the U.S. under the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) and facilitate investment and technology to drive trade growth intra-regionally and to global markets.
Objectives and Duties: The Finance Assistant will assist the finance and accounting team to process the payment documents received in the Finance Unit and manage the Nairobi office petty cash account.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following functions:
- Receive and record the incoming payment requests such as bills or invoices and distribute to the appropriate technical and operational staff
- Manage petty cash account and maintain detailed documentation in accordance with DAI policies and procedures and USAID rules and regulations.
- Assist in filling, scanning and uploading documents to BOX and notify the Senior Finance Manager in case of missing vouchers.
- Assist in submitting statutory deduction payments to relevant bodies on a timely manner.
- Ensuring that DA 1 forms have been prepared and submitted to USAID on time for all invoices with VAT components.
- Maintaining the VAT tracking tool showing all applications and refunds received.
- Following up VAT refund from the vendors.
- Assist in preparation and submission of periodic VAT reports to USAID
- Support payment processing team.
- Review documentation for simple payments under the supervision of the Senior Finance Manager.
- Other related tasks as assigned by the Senior Finance Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a related field or Full or partial Professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- Six month of work experience in financial operations, preferably on a USAID or other international donor-funded project.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Some knowledge of local laws, international accounting regulations, and USAID rules and regulations.
- Finance Assistant will have no supervisory responsibilities.
Duration: One year employment contract with an option to renew upon satisfactory performance
Base of Operations: Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting: The Finance Assistant will report to the Senior Finance Manager.
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply online by November 16, 2016, 5.59 pm East Africa Local time.
Only candidates who send their information by the deadline will be eligible.