The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected.
Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States.
With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to eliminate pediatric HIV and AIDS by implementing HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
EGPAF Kenya is looking to recruit Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for the CIFF ACT Adolescent Project
Job Summary: Reporting to the Project Manager- CIFF ACT Adolescent Project the M&E Officer will support data quality improvement in the supported counties.
The M&E officer will also Support continuous quality improvement, data quality assessments, technical assistance and capacity building to EGPAF Project’s technical staff and health care workers at the County, sub-county and facility level in support of strategic information activities.
S/he will provide oversight to M&E and data management components within the EGPAF Projects and at the facility level
- Assist the SIA to ensure regular, complete, accurate, timely and quality monitoring reports from health facilities on all required indicators
- Work closely with the EGPAF Project’s SIA or his/her designate and project technical team to manage all data entry related activities
- Work with the Facility staff and County and Sub County Health Records and Information Officers to ensure timely data collection, collation and reporting into the DHIS
- Provide timely feedback to the County, Sub-county and facilities for decision making
- Oversee joint DQA with the County and Sub-County HRIOs at supported facilities
- Conduct targeted mentorship and supportive supervision on documentation and reporting at supported facilities
- Support EMR implementation within EGPAF facilities
- Support monthly sub-county data review meetings for supported facilities
- Represent the EGPAF at County Stakeholder and Technical Working Group meetings
- Upload data into various databases including DATIM, DHIS, KePMS, EKMS and GLASER as needed.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date National and County dashboards for performance monitoring
- Support roll-out of revised National Health Management Information System (HMIS) tools for collection of age and gender disaggregated data for adolescents
- Conduct quarterly data quality assurance (DQA) and HCW mentorship, across the documentation, data collection, and reporting continuum in the supported facilities in Homabay County
- Bachelors/Diploma in Biostatics, Health Information Management Systems or Health Records and Information from a recognized University
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience on monitoring and evaluation and data management for a HIV program
- Familiar with NASCOP tools and PEPFAR reporting systems
- Proficiency in computer packages for generating and analysing reports.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
The closing date is 23rd November 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer
Please visit our website www.pedaids.org for more information about the Foundation