FIDA Kenya is an organization that is committed to a society that respects and upholds women’s rights, and is looking for a dynamic, innovative and experienced individuals to fill the following post:
FIDA Kenya seeks to recruit a Grants Officer to be based in the Nairobi Office.
- Prepare, review and submit funding concepts and proposals in consultation with staff and partners
- Undertake due diligence assessments of potential grantors including collating of grants documentation and develop and maintain a donor base
- Apply grantors policy in programs and administrative activities and support compliance to donor obligations and policy requirements
- Ensure effective coordination of donor approaches across the organization
- Coordinate grant inception meetings
- Collaborate with management to review the organization resource mobilization strategy and constantly update the resource mobilization matrix that is, track and monitor grant concepts and proposals submitted.
- Advice on developing relationships with strategic partners, NGOs, government agencies, companies, foundations and other organizations and individuals to create collaborations that will raise profile with potential donors or create partnerships in fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science/ Statistics/ Project Management or a related field
- At least THREE YEARS relevant experience in an NGO set up.
- Professional certification in Grants and member of a professional body
- Experience in proposal writing and resource mobilization strategies
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and highly organized and able to multitask.
- Proficiency in statistical computer packages e.g. SPSS
- Willing to travel
Interested candidates who fully meet the above criteria should send their applications along with an Updated Curriculum Vitae, including three referees one of whom must be a former Supervisor, also stating expected salary, and daytime contact, addressed to the undersigned to be received by 5.00 pm on Friday, 2nd December 2016
Only email applications will be considered
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
FIDA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
The Executive Director
P.O. Box 46324-00100
Website : www.fidakenya.org