Vacancy: General Manager
Job Ref: AR/GM/1
About our client: Our client operates a 5* boutique apartment hotel in Kigali, Rwanda.
The hotel is designed and built to the highest international specifications to meet the needs of diplomats, UN Agencies, NGOs, corporate executives and others who require secure luxury accommodation.
They are looking for a General Manager to be responsible for all the hotel’s operations and property maintenance and for ensuring delivery of excellent levels of service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Top notch hosting of clients
- Production and submission of weekly and monthly management reports on all aspects of running the hotel
- Responsible for procurement, administration and logistics of all hotel supplies
- Monitor and control costs against budget, work to agreed revenue budgets and set rates in consultation with the Managing Director
- Great attention to detail with regard to checking standards of rooms and building prior and during client stay.
- Produce weekly revenue and occupancy reports year to date (YTD) and year ending (YE) forecast and analysis of variance to budget
- General safety and protection of all guests, staff, property and equipment.
- Ensure month-end stock takes are done and submitted on time according to the financial time line.
- Ensure all furniture, fixtures, and related equipment are being maintained
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- University Degree preferably within the hospitality industry or equivalent.
- A minimum 3 years of experience working within a similar position is essential.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written English skills
- Must be extremely well presented, keen eye for detail and quality covering all aspects of the hotel.
- Must have a ‘hands on’, practical mentality, be self-driven and very motivated
- Possess a ‘think out of the box’ mentality and have good situational awareness skills.
- Hospitality marketing skills an added advantage
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted