Vacancy: Head, People Management & Administration
Purpose of the Position: The Head of People Management & Administration is key to the organization and will be part of the senior management team (SMT).
S/he will lead all human resource and talent management functions across Africa and the UK.
This includes human resource planning, recruitment and placement, induction, benefits and entitlements, performance management, talent management, staff relations, staff counseling, career development amongst others.
S/he will also be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the administrative and logistics function.
The overarching goals for this role are to:
- Continue building best-in-class people functions to help us recruit develop and retain top global and country-national talent.
- Make the Company the best place to work in the world for development professionals looking to build a career in social impact
- Drive innovation across all HR and talent functions
- Help us maintain positive organizational culture as we scale
1. Setting Vision & Strategy:
a) Work with senior leaders to collaboratively set and execute on long-term vision for all HR and talent functions.
b) Work with leadership on organizational design and change management, to help maintain a high-performing, motivated, and impactful team
c) Build and maintain strong collaborative working relationships across the organization’s global presence.
d) Identify and execute on key areas for strategic innovation.
e) Deliver on various initiatives identified in the change management and HR audit reports.
2. Building Team:
Day-to-day management of departmental staff to ensure delivery of assignments, tasks ongoing development feedback, and bi-annual performance reviews.
3. Executing on Key Organizational Initiatives:
- Deliver results on key organizational initiatives related to all aspects of HR and talent management, including working with our outstanding team of department directors in the following areas:
- Help strengthen and diversify our recruitment pipeline from global and in-country talent pools, and streamline hiring processes.
- Build a strong internal and external brand to attract and retain top talent in our field.
- Help recruit top talent to fill leadership positions.
- Continually monitor and (when necessary) improve upon compensation and benefits package to remain competitive.
- Collaborate with leadership to identify and address training and development needs to roll out to our global staff.
- Design and implement scalable professional development services to build the careers of all staff.
- Maintain a positive organizational culture across all country operations.
- Develop an innovative approach to retaining talent.
d) Data and Compliance
- Improve collection and use of data using HRIS and other systems.
- Use data to make educated decisions about people strategy.
- Work closely with legal advisors to minimize HR and compliance risks.
- Generally – design and implement innovative and impactful systems that are applicable in all countries of operations.
4. Leading Innovation in HR and Talent Management:
- Drive innovation across all HR and talent management functions, by thinking creatively and outside the box.
- Serve as the global voice for all HR and talent-related issues, to the organization and top leadership. Help all HR teams work and communicate together to provide the most impactful results to our staff and clients.
6. Administration Support:
- Ensure that the essential central services are provided efficiently such as transport, reception/client service, security, maintenance, cleaning and waste disposal to ensure that the regional office meets professional and health and safety standards.