The Heritage Insurance Company (K) Ltd is a member of Liberty Group and a leading insurance Company with a legacy of providing superior services to a wide spectrum of clients since 1976.
We have received AA-rating, the highest international rating awarded to a Kenyan insurer. The Company also won accolades at the 2016 Annual Insurance Awards — Corporate Social Responsibility, Fraud Detection & Prevention and Risk Management.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced individual to fill in the following position:
Job Title: Agriculture Insurance Officer
Reporting To: Head of Corporate Business – Sales & Distribution
Main Purposes of the Job: The Agriculture Insurance Officer is responsible for assisting the Head of Corporate Business (Sales & Distribution) in dealing with Agriculture Insurances on a professional level so as to ensure consistency, efficiency and effectiveness in the function in line with the Company objective and goals.
- Development and Marketing of Agriculture Insurance business
- Prepare quotations for all agriculture related business
- Assisting clients in identifying our products (policies) that suit their needs in line with insurance principles
- Attending all telephone enquiries by our clients and brokers and giving clarification and guidance where necessary.
- Serving clients who visit our office.
- Do field visits in respect to agriculture related business.
- Offer training and technical assistance in relation to agriculture class of business to agents, clients etc
Key Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Personal Competencies
- A minimum of a Bsc. Agriculture or Bsc. Agricultural Education & Extension or Bsc. Agribusiness Management or Bsc. Horticulture or an Agricultural related degree from a recognized University.
- A relevant professional qualification including ACII / a local diploma in insurance will be an added advantage
- Be computer proficient especially in report writing
- At least Two (2) years in a busy and relevant environment
- Be a self-starter, highly motivated and a team player
- Have sound analytical and negotiation skills
- Should have strong presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a good listener with excellent customer relation skills
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize (ability to work within strict deadlines)
- High Integrity
- Have people relations skills
- High level of confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Good listening skills
- Should be result oriented and able to work within deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Have good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Be proactive in nature, to initiate and is self -driven
If you believe you are the right candidate, please email your application and CV to email@example.com on or before Wednesday, 23rd November 2016, 5.00 p.m.