Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Summary of Role: Husk is seeking an experienced team player for the role of Hybrid Mini-grid (HMG) Customer Development Manager for our East African Team.
The position is based out of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and will require frequent travel to rural areas.
- Enable Husk to 24/7 renewable, reliable and affordable power to 5 million people across the world and become the leading off-grid energy company in East Africa
- Accountable for the delivery of the Husk customer strategy and customer satisfaction
- Champion growth through great marketing initiatives: master the intersection between the value of the product and the prospective user, tie sales strategies to targeted profit, and optimize the end to end process
- Speak with hundreds of customers to focus on the right strategies to recommend the most competitive, context-appropriate sales and marketing models
- Run customer training at new sites to maximize no. of connections upon installation
- Manage site customer team to increase connections during first 3 months of install.
- Develop a portfolio of products for customers and the associated pay plans to increase customer energy usage and expenditure month on month
- Develop an executable strategy for increasing revenue from customers to meet targets
- Find strategic suppliers for customer products and manage procurement in order to reduce costs and increase revenue
- Motivate and lead a high performance sales team that drives customer sales and revenue growth.
- Ensure that each mini-grid site has a mix of at least 50% revenue coming from commercial customers (shops, restaurants, agro-processing mills, telecom towers, etc)
- Increase revenue by driving energy demand through internal programs and marketing campaigns to promote productive uses of electricity (like running lathe machines, welding machines etc)
- Develop appliance sales strategy to encourage our customers to acquire modern branded appliances like LED TVs, brushless ceiling fans, refrigerators and freezers
- Exceeding customer expectation is what Husk aspires to do every day. You will be responsible for developing a customer satisfaction model and tracking customer satisfaction on a daily basis
- Ensure that customer satisfaction matrix is deployed at multiple tiers and develop communication process to deliver best in class customer care
- Responsible for overall management of all strategic and operational marketing and customer care
- Develop customer service processes and service level agreements that go above and beyond for the rural customers
- Develop pipeline of corporates for strategic partnership across the value chain – mobile money, EPC, appliance manufacturers etc
- Lead negotiations on long term contracts and agreements with key partners to increase value from customer service and management activities.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; a relevant advanced degree is strongly preferred
- Post graduate Degree a plus
- Ability to motivate and keep the team focused on delivering an agreed set of targets
- Excellent oral and writing skills, with fluency in both English and Swahili
- Ability to adapt communication style appropriately to suit a wide range of stakeholders: from field-level employees to foreign investors to government bodies
- Have a high degree of professionalism and discipline
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadline in an independent capacity. To be a self-starter and self-motivator, working effectively with minimal direction
- Ability to multi-task: will be juggling multiple assignments in parallel and will need to prioritize.
- Passion for rural development
- Experience in East Africa (personal or professional) TZ preferred
- Experience in utility sector, oil & gas or some type of service sector preferred
- Passion for Rural Electrification – You are relentless in your pursuit to change lives in rural villages by providing affordable and reliable energy to those who lack access.
- Commitment – You are willing to apply yourself to achieve a goal and to work for a cause. You do not hesitate to go the extra mile to drive impact and manage our stakeholders.
- Initiative – You are self-starter with a desire to excel.
- Perspective – You understand the big picture. You know how to shift perspective from the details of the task at hand to the impact on the organization as a whole.
- Risk Appetite – You are not afraid of taking calculated risks, possess ability to learn from setbacks and apply learning to reach new heights.
- Intuition about people. You are able to build and develop a high performing team; you need to bring together the right people that can play off each other, support each other, push each other and thrive.
- Sense of order – You can walk into a chaotic situation, quickly scan it and impose order with effective communication and align the entire team towards a common goal
- Stamina – You have the stamina to withstand the pressures of the job and the resilience to bounce back from setbacks.
- Open attitude toward change – You are not set in your ways. You are a good listener and you use input and feedback to continually improve.
- Love analytics, numbers, and measurements
- Future Vision: You are able to visualize what you and the company want for the future. As a visionary you can see what all needs to be done to achieve the objectives. You are able to break down the vision and communicate to others.
- Tactical Thinker: You, aspiring to be victorious should be able to understand, formulate and execute business plans accurately. To execute, you need to have understanding of market trends and the ability to create a path to meet the future goals.
- Lean Operations – excited about being hands on and utilize limited resources to achieve unprecedented result
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2499”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2499, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 15th November 2016
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.