Our Client, ICEA LION General Insurance Company Limited is one of East Africa’s largest and most innovative insurers and financial services companies.
Their decades of experience and eye on the future helping clients navigate today’s complex financial landscape underscores their business success.
They are seeking to recruit a highly competent candidate to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Business Development Manager
Reporting to the General Manager (Business Development & Distribution) the Business Development Manager position will be responsible for acquiring profitable new business and retaining existing accounts in order to increase the Company’s market share.
The incumbent will also aim at achieving profitable growth of the general business in accordance with targets set and criteria formulated by the Company.
- Generating marketing strategies, setting objectives, and carrying out market research.
- Appraising competitors’ activities and overall economic and social trends to stimulate profitable revenue growth.
- Prospecting for new business and formulating aggressive initiatives to retain business.
- Strategizing on how to achieve the prescribed product mix ratios for balanced revenue growth and profitability.
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships with brokers and intermediaries.
- Proposing changes in underwriting approach and rating mechanism to enhance marketability of the Company’s products.
- Ensuring that quality of policy documents meets customer expectations.
- Ensuring that any existing business lost due to unavoidable circumstances is replaced.
- Preparing monthly business performance assessments reports.
- Maintaining and regularly updating business forecasts and new business progress reports.
- Setting the standards for individual performance, metrics and goals.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Professional qualification(s) in insurance e.g. ACII, FCII or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience; 3 of which should be at senior management level.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and apply management principles.
- Self-driven and able to deliver steep business production numbers.
- Excellent team leadership skills, communication, organization and presentation skills.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd December 2016 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.