The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Somalia Delegation in Nairobi implements the institutions humanitarian activities in Somalia.
Water and Habitat (WATHAB) Purchaser – Nairobi
The Wathab Purchaser will be responsible for Order Management / Supply Chain, Tenders / Suppliers selection, Purchase of Goods, Suppliers Management, Reception of Goods, Quality & Quantity Control and Claims Reporting and Statistics for the Wathab department.
He/She will perform the following duties:
- Ensures that purchasing is done in a transparent and accountable manner;
- Maintains relations with suppliers and other ICRC departments;
- Implements ICRC purchase strategy for each family of product;
- Takes responsibility for tender process;
- Takes part in the selection of suppliers;
- Manages contracts with suppliers;
- Ensures strict control of quality for the purchased goods/services;
- Follows strictly ICRC procurement procedures, financial limits and Code of Conduct;
- Carries Out prospecting of the Somali market in order to identify new suppliers;
- Provides analytical reports on purchases:
- Makes all related information available in the local database and filing system; and
- Helps Supply Chain Administrator to define the running stocks levels.
- A minimum of a diploma in Civil Engineering or Logistics:
- 3-5 years’ work experience in purchasing of construction/engineering materials or as an engineering estimator;
- Knowledge of Kenyan and Somali market, good product/purchase knowledge;
- Very good command of written and spoken English (Knowledge of Somali is an added asset);
- Very good computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Databases) and knowledgeable internet user:
- Strong negotiation and competitive bidding skills;
- Able to assess legal aspects of suppliers capacity;
- High organizational skills;
- Rigorous, precise and honest with strong sense of responsibility and adaptability; and
- Able to work independently, under stressful situations to tight deadlines with extensive working hours.
This position has a gross salary package of Kshs. 105,000 monthly plus benefits.
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their application to the
Head of Human Resources Department,
ICRC Somalia Delegation
on the email address email@example.com
Closing date is 30 November 2016
Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
Note that only emailed applications will be considered.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.