- Manage documents related to shipments and plan shipping
- Check fiscal prices, custom requirements and clearing fees
- Get the optimal, most efficient and cost effective shipping, transport and clearing method
- Track shipments and follow up with the forwarder regarding arrival dates at the ports
- Send clear instructions to the shipper regarding the clearing documentation as per the requirements
- Follow up closely on the customs clearance and delivery process
- Give overall logistical support to all departments
- Liaising with government bodies and service providers such as shipping lines etc
- A minimum of Diploma in Clearing and Forwarding or a related field
- Basic understanding of clearing and forwarding regulations
- At least 1 year experience in a similar position
- Quick thinker and problem solver
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to multitask and withstand pressure
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- High levels of integrity and honesty
- Proficient use of MS office suite of packages.
Cover Letter and a detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2528”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2528, Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 23rd November 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.