The Independent Policing Oversight Authority (IPOA) is a state Authority created under an Act of Parliament No.35 of 2011, with the mandate of holding the police accountable to the public in the performance of their functions.
IPOA will soon open offices in Kisumu, Garissa and Mombasa.
The Authority wishes to recruit results oriented Kenyan citizens with drive, vision and creativity to fill the following positions:-
IPOA Grade 8
Consolidated Salary KES.53,000 – 83,000
Reports to the Officer in charge of transport for the efficient and effective management of the driving function.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
(i) Driving the organization’s vehicle as authorized;
(ii) Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure, etc.;
(iii) Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of the vehicle systems;
(iv) Maintaining of work ticket (s) for vehicle (s)assigned;
(v) Ensuring security and safety of the vehicle on and off the road and of the passengers and/or goods there in;
(vi) Administering first aid in the event of an accident;
(vii) Ensuring proper handing over of the vehicle;
(viii) Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle(s);
(ix) Liaising with the transport officer to ensure that vehicles are regularly checked and maintained; and
(x) Supervising, guiding, coaching and mentoring other drivers.
- Must be a citizen of Kenya.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Required functional skills:
- Served in the grade of Driver II for a minimum period of three (3) years or five (5) years in a comparable and relevant position in the Public or Private sector;
- Passed Occupational Trade Test I for Drivers conducted by the relevant Government Ministry/Department;
- Valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class(es) of vehicle(s) an officer is required to drive;
- Defensive Driving Certificate from the Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya of its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Attended a Refresher Course for drivers lasting not less one (1) week at Kenya Institute of Highway and building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution;
- First-Aid Certificate lasting not less than one (1) week from St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution;
- A valid Certificate of Good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI); and
- Demonstrated outstanding professional competence and integrity as reflected in work performance.
Required behavioural skills:
- A candidate must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player;
- Demonstrate high ethical standards;
All applicants MUST attach clearance from the following bodies:
i. Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
ii. Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC);
iii. Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
iv. Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI); and
v. Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply:
Interested persons who meet the above criteria are invited to send their applications by submitting the duly completed IPOA job application Form (Download HERE) , updated CV, academic certificates, testimonials and the above specified clearances.
Online applications should be sent to email@example.com.
Canvassing and incomplete applications may lead to automatic disqualification.
Applications in a sealed envelope with the job reference number clearly marked should be received by the undersigned on or before Friday, 9th December 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants MUST NOTE that they may be posted to serve in ANY part of the country.
The Chief Executive Officer
Independent Policing Oversight Authority
P.O Box 23035-00100
IPOA is an equal opportunity employer and shall not in its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status.