The Independent Policing Oversight Authority (IPOA) is a state Authority created under an Act of Parliament No.35 of 2011, with the mandate of holding the police accountable to the public in the performance of their functions.
IPOA will soon open offices in Kisumu, Garissa and Mombasa.
The Authority wishes to recruit results oriented Kenyan citizens with drive, vision and creativity to fill the following positions:-
Senior Security Officer
IPOA Grade 5
Consolidated Salary KES.122,000 – 202,000
The Senior Security Officer will be responsible to the Head of Security.
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail:-
(i) Planning and executing security arrangement as required by IPOA;
(ii) Undertaking appropriate security measures and mechanisms to guard against unauthorized access;
(iii) Ensuring maintenance of law and order within IPOA;
(iv) Liaising with police and other security agencies regarding security matters;
(v) Supervision of IPOA contracted security personnel;
(vi) Undertaking security intelligence and investigations;
(vii) Carrying out training and sensitization of staff on security and safety procedures; and
(viii) Ensuring appropriate security screening of visitors to Authority’s offices.
- Must be a citizen of Kenya.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Required functional skills:
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Served in the grade of Security Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years or six (6) years in a comparable and relevant position in the Public or Private Sector;
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminology or any other related and equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Undergone six (6) weeks approved security investigation and intelligence course at Criminal Investigation Department (CID) Training School or any other related and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Attended a Management Course lasting not less than three (3) weeks from a recognized Institution;
- Certificate in computer application skills;
- Shown merit, integrity and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Serving and retired military intelligence officers are encouraged to apply.
Required behavioural skills:
- A candidate must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player;
- Ability to maintain confidence and trust regarding sensitive issues; and
- Demonstrated professional competence, integrity and capability in work performance;
All applicants MUST attach clearance from the following bodies:
i. Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
ii. Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC);
iii. Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
iv. Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI); and
v. Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply:
Interested persons who meet the above criteria are invited to send their applications by submitting the duly completed IPOA job application Form (Download HERE) , updated CV, academic certificates, testimonials and the above specified clearances.
Online applications should be sent to email@example.com.
Canvassing and incomplete applications may lead to automatic disqualification.
Applications in a sealed envelope with the job reference number clearly marked should be received by the undersigned on or before Friday, 9th December 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants MUST NOTE that they may be posted to serve in ANY part of the country.
The Chief Executive Officer
Independent Policing Oversight Authority
P.O Box 23035-00100
IPOA is an equal opportunity employer and shall not in its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status.