Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC) whose aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio and Television services wishes to fill the following vacant position with a result-oriented, dynamic and self-driven person:-
SS BA 2
The Role: Reporting to the Manager Technical Services, the Architectural Assistant will be responsible for the overall preparation of preliminary and final architectural designs and details of given projects.
- Undertake accurate drawings for buildings and development projects
- Produce Engineering drawings (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical & Structural drawings)
- Prepare and maintain systematic archiving of drawings by indexing, categorizing and cataloguing
- Supervise all civil works and certification of the same
- Prepare comprehensive specifications and Bills of Quantities for all construction works
- Ensure that the materials used in the repairs and maintenance of all construction works meets the recommended standards
- Submit monthly reports on the works /projects undertaken
- Prepare various projection coverage maps to assist in the designs of the Transmitters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture /Architectural Technology with two (2) years experience i.e. (1 year in the design of projects and 1 year in construction administration)Higher National Diploma in Architectural Technology with five (5) years experience i.e. (3 years in the design of projects and 2 years in construction administration)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative and analytical skills
- Must be computer literate.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the relevant position and names/contact information for three (3) referees.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 25th November, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation
P.O. Box 30456-00100
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply’’.