KCB Group Limited
SQL Systems Administrator
The Position: Reporting to the Manager Enterprise Applications, the SQL Systems administrator is the Subject Matter Expert on SQL based database solutions, mainly MS SQL Server 2008 R2 and above and MySQL.
- Expert support of the bank’s SQL server databases and ensure their performance, high availability, backup, security and upgrades.
- Own the administration and maintenance of the Microsoft SQL database servers and MySQL systems.
- Management and ongoing technical support of MS SQL and MySQL databases.
- Test, implement and document changes to existing systems as per change management and business continuity practices.
- Plan and implement appropriate business continuity solutions for all SQL database systems and spearhead continuous testing of BCP with end users.
- Implement and manage SQL and MySQL upgrades, patches and releases.
- Test and review systems backups
- Facilitate transfer of knowledge and skills to other team members
- Provide first level support for assigned Application systems and act as vendor liaison for second and third level support
- Provide first level troubleshooting and support for end user hardware and software problems as logged with the service desk
- Participate in the acquisition, review and make recommendation for new or upgraded T Solutions as shall be needed by the business from time to time
- Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and other support units to enhance systems support capability
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT or closely related subject
- At least 6 years’ experience in a relevant IT field.
- A Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert – Data Management and Analytics or Data Platform certification
- MySQL database administration skills – MySQL Database Administrator certification is an added advantage
- Extensive knowledge of T-SQL
- Good practical knowledge of SQL Analysis and Reporting Services (SRSS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Extensive knowledge of common web servers, in particular Internet Information Services (IIS) 8.0 and above and Apache Tomcat
- Good knowledge of common web browsers – Internet Explorer 8 and above, Microsoft Edge, Firefox
- Knowledge of networking services – DHCP, DNS
- Knowledge of Active Directory Domain Services – AD user and group management, Group Policy Objects
- Working knowledge of PowerShell and PowerShell scripting
- Working knowledge of hardware and end user peripherals
- Understanding of Oracle PL –SQL is desirable but not necessary
The above positions are demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered your application must be received by Monday, 5th December, 2016
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with a Certificate of Good Conduct that is not more than 6 months old.