The Kenya Cultural Centre, incorporating Kenya National Theatre, is the country’s oldest expressive cultural institution established in 1951 through Cap 218 Laws of Kenya.
The Centre is the national centre for cultural engagement, discourse, performance and research.
The Centre incorporates dynamic and aesthetic public spaces for harmonious connections, and is an institution which embraces and encourages diversity.
The Centre operates as a Semi-Autonomous Government Agency (SAGA) and is currently domiciled under the Ministry of Sports, Culture and the Arts.
Business Development Manager
Reports to: Executive Director/CEO
Broad Function: The Business Development Manager will work to improve the Centre’s market position and achieve financial growth by defining long-term Centre’s strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current creative market conditions and therefore maximize revenue for Centre
Duties and Responsibilities
- To prospect for new clients by networking, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients.
- To plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the Centre.
- Develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
- To grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients
- To manage the activities of others staff responsible for developing business for the Centre.
- Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the business manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the Centre.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the Centre can provide.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the Centre.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the Centre.
- Ensure all team members represent the Centre in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the Centre’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the Centre’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the Centre’s performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
- An MBA is an added advantage.
- At least 7 years of sales or marketing experience.
- Networking, Persuasion and Prospecting skills
- Research, and good communication skills.
- Prospecting Skills
- Demonstrable proposal writing skills
- Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges.
- Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to send their applications preferably in hard copies.
Applications can also be emailed using the email addresses provided.
All applications should be received by 9 December 2016.
The applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director/CEO
The Kenya Cultural Centre
P.O. Box 43031 – 00100
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com
Application submission should include the following: Cover letter, applicant’s CV, copies of relevant certificates and recommendations, names and contacts of three professional referees and a copy of national identity card