The Kenya Cultural Centre, incorporating Kenya National Theatre, is the country’s oldest expressive cultural institution established in 1951 through Cap 218 Laws of Kenya.
The Centre is the national centre for cultural engagement, discourse, performance and research.
The Centre incorporates dynamic and aesthetic public spaces for harmonious connections, and is an institution which embraces and encourages diversity.
The Centre operates as a Semi-Autonomous Government Agency (SAGA) and is currently domiciled under the Ministry of Sports, Culture and the Arts.
Reports to: The Governing Council functionally; Executive Director / CEO administratively
Broad Function: The Corporation Secretary will be responsible for all legal matters pertaining to the Centre including issues of property management, insurance, civil and criminal proceedings, and rendering legal advice to the Governing Council and the CEO on all legal matters.
In addition, the Corporation Secretary will be responsible for Human Resources and Administration functions of the Centre.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Acting as adviser to the Governing Council
- Observing all legal requirements
- Liaising with auditors, lawyers, tax advisers, bankers and shareholders on governance issues
- Attending and take minutes of directors’ and members’ meetings
- Ensure compliance obligations under relevant laws and the requirements of regulatory authorities are met
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Holder of a least an Undergraduate degree in Law or other social science discipline from a recognised institution of higher learning
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a valid practicing certificate
- Have a certificate in Certified Public Secretary (CPS-K)
- Served in the Grade of Senior Legal Officer or a comparable position in the public and private sector for a minimum of three (3) years
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict management skills,
- Must be computer literate and familiar with standard office computer applications
- Demonstrated integrity, managerial, administrative and professional competence in work performance
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to send their applications preferably in hard copies.
Applications can also be emailed using the email addresses provided.
All applications should be received by 9 December 2016.
The applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director/CEO
The Kenya Cultural Centre
P.O. Box 43031 – 00100
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com
Application submission should include the following: Cover letter, applicant’s CV, copies of relevant certificates and recommendations, names and contacts of three professional referees and a copy of national identity card