The Kenya Cultural Centre, incorporating Kenya National Theatre, is the country’s oldest expressive cultural institution established in 1951 through Cap 218 Laws of Kenya.
The Centre is the national centre for cultural engagement, discourse, performance and research.
The Centre incorporates dynamic and aesthetic public spaces for harmonious connections, and is an institution which embraces and encourages diversity.
The Centre operates as a Semi-Autonomous Government Agency (SAGA) and is currently domiciled under the Ministry of Sports, Culture and the Arts.
Reports to: Business Development Manager
Broad Function: To plan and oversee the organisation’s marketing activities and campaigns and to ensure that all marketing operations are successful in meeting the strategic goals set by management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute in the implementation of marketing strategies
- Support the Business Development Manager in overseeing the department’s operations
- Organize and attend marketing activities or events to raise the Centre’s awareness
- Plan advertising and promotional campaigns for events or services on a variety of media (social, print etc.)
- Liaise with stakeholders and vendors to promote success of activities and enhance the Centre’s presence
- See all ventures through to completion and evaluate their success using various metrics
- Prepare content for the publication of marketing material and oversee distribution
- Conduct market research to identify opportunities for promotion and growth
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field
- Membership to a relevant professional body
- At least 3 years marketing experience gained from reputable organizations
- Strong effective communicator
- Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills
- Expert in internet and social media strategy with a proven track record
- Ability to lead in an environment of creativity
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to send their applications preferably in hard copies.
Applications can also be emailed using the email addresses provided.
All applications should be received by 9 December 2016.
The applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director/CEO
The Kenya Cultural Centre
P.O. Box 43031 – 00100
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com
Application submission should include the following: Cover letter, applicant’s CV, copies of relevant certificates and recommendations, names and contacts of three professional referees and a copy of national identity card