Kiambu Water and Sewerage Company is a Water Service Provider operating in Kiambu Subcounty, and is wholly owned by The County Government of Kiambu.
The company wishes to recruit the following staff:
Job Ref No: WO 2016
Reporting to the Water Production and Distribution Supervisor, the officer will be responsible for:
- Controlling treatment plant machines and equipment to purify and clarify water for human consumption and for industrial use: Operates and controls electric motors, pumps, and valves to regulate flow of raw water into treating plant.
- Dumps specified amounts of chemicals, such as chlorine, ammonia, and lime into water or adjusts automatic devices that admit specified amounts of chemicals into tanks to disinfect, deodorize, and clarify water.
- Starts agitators to mix chemicals and allows impurities to settle to bottom of tank.
- Turns valves to regulate water through filter beds to remove impurities.
- Pumps purified water into water mains.
- Monitors panel board and adjusts controls to regulate flow rates, loss of head pressure and water elevation, and distribution of water.
- Cleans tanks and filter beds, using backwashing.
- Repairs and lubricates machines and equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Tests water samples to determine acidity, color, and impurities, using colorimeter, turbid meter, and conductivity meter.
- Adds chemicals such, as alum into tanks to coagulate impurities and to reduce acidity.
- Records data, such as residual content of chemicals, water turbidity, and water pressure.
- May operate portable water-purification plant to supply drinking water.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Diploma in Water Engineering. A Certificate holder in the same field with 4 years’ experience will be considered.
- 2 years’ experience in Water Treatment Facility
- Well organized and focused on service delivery
- Good interpersonal skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for the job
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multitask
Appointment to this position will be on a permanent and pensionable basis subject to a six month probation period.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply to the address quoted at the bottom of this document in a sealed envelope quoting the Job Reference Number by 2nd December 2016 indicating current and expected remuneration.
Please send a covering letter, detailed curriculum vitae, and copies of certificates and testimonials.
The Managing Director,
Kiambu Water and Sewerage Company,
P.O. Box 409-00900,
“Kiambu Water and Sewerage Company is an equal opportunity employer.”