The Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD) wishes to recruit qualified professionals for the vacant positions as outlined below:
Four (4) Posts
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail the following:
- Monitor the Institute’s backup, virus protection and security procedure, note risks to ICT systems and suggest precautions
- Back up files and archiving materials where appropriate and ensuring that copyright and data protection laws are upheld
- Manage and control key web portals of the Institute:- KICD website, Elimika and Kenya Education Cloud and ensure their integrity, accuracy and security backup is up to date;
- Respond to ICT support requests in a timely fashion to ensure minimum disruption to staff at all times;
- Install, configure and maintain the acceptable standards for server installations and applications;
- Support, maintain and monitor all networked, software and communication servers in the KICD intranet; and
- Ensure uptime of the google corporate E-mail server and Internet request for the staff and other stakeholders
Requirement for Appointment
For appointment to this grade an applicant must have:
- Diploma in Information technology/computer science or higher with at least 2 years’ experience directly related work experience
- Hands on professional experience with Enterprise class firewalls (Huawei firewalls, cyber roam firewalls, CISCO ASA), routers and network switchers;
- Working knowledge of network security, intrusion detection systems, authentications mechanisms, encryption technologies, and networking protocols including SMPT,HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, AND SNMP; and
- Professional certification in either vendor specific or industry standards will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward copies of their application letters, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, up-todate curriculum vitae and ID card to the address below to be received not later than 5th December 2016.
All applicants should give full details of their address including mobile telephone numbers as well as names and addresses of two referees.
The Director/Chief Executive,
Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development
P.O. Box 30231-00100
NB: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development is an equal opportunity employer.