The Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD) wishes to recruit a qualified professional for the vacant position as outlined below:
Senior Assistant Director Print and Publications
KICD Scale 13
One (1) Post
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail the following:
- Coordination of functions pertaining to Book Production, Digital Printing Security Printing, Lithographic Printing and General Printing.
- Advising the Institute on matters relating to policy formulation, implementation and review of printing policy.
- Planning, budgeting, costing of printing services
- Development and standard procedures on the provision of printing services
- Managing & approving print production schedule, print specifications and budget.
- Overseeing requests from bids, customer quotations and procure orders from vendors.
- Controlling print flow, checking schedules for printing and ensuring that products are delivered at the required timelines and meet the standards for both the Institute and clients.
- Responsible for day to day production within the print and publications section in the Institute.
- Supervising, scheduling, strategizing, supporting and overseeing daily printing activities.
- Ensuring overall customer satisfaction and quality service
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication with employees and clients.
- Ensuring compliance with occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) safety requirements
Requirement for Appointment
For Appointment to this Grade, an applicant must have:
(i) Served as an Assistant Director, Print KICD scale 12 or a relevant and comparable position for a period of three (3) years
(ii) A Master’s Degree in Print and Publication from a recognized Institution or a Bachelor’s Degree in Printing Technology or its acceptable equivalent from a recognized Institution plus 6 years’ experience.
(iii) A High degree of Competence and Administrative Skills required in Printing Services.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward copies of their application letters, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, up-todate curriculum vitae and ID card to the address below to be received not later than 5th December 2016.
All applicants should give full details of their address including mobile telephone numbers as well as names and addresses of two referees.
The Director/Chief Executive,
Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development
P.O. Box 30231-00100
NB: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development is an equal opportunity employer.