Duma Works is recruiting a Marketing and Public Relations / Communications Executive for one of our clients.
The company is one of the most prominent sports club in Kenya.
Key Duties And Responsibilities:
- Implementation of communication strategies.
- Source and promote all the clubs banqueting functions and outside catering.
- To assist in the development of good internal and external communications.
- Ensure a high level of customer service, handle complaints and bring them to the attention of the relevant departmental head
- To source gift items for the various club functions: going out to obtain samples and to check quality and prices, and to liaise with the Purchasing/Procurement Manager on their procurement
- To handle queries on branding opportunities at the club, both indoor and outdoor and advice on correct pricing for billboards on the premises.
- To coordinate successful and timely release of newsletters and other internal communications and to work with the relevant departments as appropriate
- Sell advertising space for the bi-annual newsletter.
- Liaise with the media to ensure adequate media coverage for the PSC events.
- Attend Editorial board and Marketing Subcommittee meetings
- Co-ordinate logistics for all club functions
- Timely release of newsletters with adequate advertising revenue
- Smooth running of specific events and functions
- Effective promotion of all club functions and services
Knowledge and Skills
- B.Com in Marketing or equivalent University qualification /advanced Diploma in marketing Communication or PR and relevant experience.
- Minimum of three years in Sales and Marketing preferably in hotel industry
- Proven knowledge and experience in organizing PR events and functions
- Well developed PR and communication skills at all staff and community levels
- Excellent customer service skills
- Sharp knowledge of market trends
- Good public image and personality
Please forward your CV and quick summary (one paragraph) on why you’re interested in the position to email@example.com marking the subject as “2523”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2523 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 18th November 2016
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.