Our client, a Kenya-based social enterprise that combines business and clinical innovations to create a fully self-sustaining and scalable chain of maternity clinics is looking for Medical Doctors to join their team.
Location: Kahawa West, Nairobi.
Job Summary: We are seeking to hire full / part- time Medical Doctor specialized in Obstetrics Gynecology. Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer.
- Assess, monitor and provide clinical appropriate care (medical and surgical) to patients on hospital wards and in outpatient clinics;
- Complete documentation, both as a legal record of treatment and for the benefit of other healthcare professionals
- Coordinate and discuss planned care with the patient and other team professionals as appropriate.
- Maintain effective interpersonal relationships with all staff and patients.
- Ensure that patients are kept fully informed of and understand all procedures and treatments to be undertaken. Informed Consent will be obtained from patients in accordance with the hospital policy.
- The Medical Doctor will take an active role in health promotion and disease prevention.
- Maintain patient rights, and be aware of cultural differences when dealing with patients.
- Liaise with other medical and non-medical staff in the hospital to ensure quality treatment;
- Supervise Doctor on Call team
- Will be required to report on-call ( off shifts, weekends and holidays) as scheduled
- Ensure that comprehensive hospital medical records for all in and outpatients are accurate
- Provide educational and clinical experience for clinical staff.
- Ensure the efficient use of resources in medical services.
- The Medical Doctor will keep abreast with trends, developments and the appropriate utilization of technology in the field of medical care on a regular and ongoing basis and coordinate clinical research and programmatic initiatives.
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery with a minimum of 4 years’ experience.
- Specialized in Obstetrics and Gynecology preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment
- A good understanding of community dynamics. Knowledge and familiarity with low-income urban areas of Nairobi
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.