Nairobi Waldorf School
Job Title: Teacher of French
Reporting to: Faculty Chair, Nairobi Waldorf Schools
Deadline for application: Open until filled
1. Meeting the needs of the children
The teacher of French is responsible for following the waldorf curriculum, developing and tailoring it to suit the needs of the students, and presenting it in accordance with the principles, methodology and philosophy of Waldorf Education.
This includes the following:
- Participate in the scheduling of dates for mini subject related functions and general school events.
- Preparing year plan
- Preparing daily lesson plans
- Guiding age appropriate student activities and providing on-going support.
- Assessing and responding accordingly to the evolving needs and well-being of the children in and outside the classroom as well as communicating any concerns to the class teacher.
- Ensuring that aesthetics and healthy learning environment are optimized especially during subject lessons
- Assisting, when called upon, in the assessment of prospective students and interviewing of their parents to determine the appropriateness of waldorf education before admission is concluded.
- Writing qualitative and comprehensive annual report on the subject for each student, meeting the expected standards as required by the school.
2. Meeting the needs of the community
The Subject teacher is involved and participates in the activities of the school community in the following ways:
- Helping to coordinate and participate in all school festivals and events
- Giving input to the relevant staff for the purpose of developing marketing and enrolment materials.
- Providing reports, photos and communication ideas to update the school website and social media sites when required to