Norda Industries Limited
Position: Marketing Manager
Reports To: Head of Sales & Marketing
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing, Planning, Coordination and control of all Marketing activities for the company
- Developing and presenting comprehensive marketing strategies, campaigns and plans in order to grow existing business and generate new business in line with Company objectives. The skills and experience required in this domain are:
- Quantitative and Qualitative Market research and situation analysis in order to obtain and to maintain proper and relevant understanding of consumers and the trade
- Social networking platforms (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Feasibility studies for product development and management
- Pricing strategies
- Project management
- Advertising, support and public relations
- Customer support and Customer Relationship Management
- Overall responsible for efficiently managing the Marketing budget, Managing the brands and corporate identity.
- Execute and implement approved marketing plans including:
- running in-store promotions
- managing events
- implementing pricing strategies
- prospecting for new clients
- improving visibility of the products and brands
- Creating and maintaining partnerships with complementary brands, and strategic partners in order to strengthen and enhance the company’s brand image.
- working closely with the sales team to increase sales from existing customers
- executing Joint Business Proposals between the company and customers
- Propose the launch of new products in line with the company’s strategic plans, conduct feasibility studies, and work with other members of the product development team to design, fabricate and launch the new products successfully and as per the agreed timelines.
- In collaboration with the product development team: propose, develop, improve, modify and expand existing product lines based on solid market research to ensure increasing brand loyalty and ultimately sustainable and increasing sales.
- Oversee the design and production of all marketing and publicity material in line with approved marketing plans
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the effectiveness and efficiency of all marketing activities using facts and objective evidence
- Communicate effectively to ensure that all relevant Company functions are informed of the marketing objectives
- Submit reports as required and contribute to the monthly management review report.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Awareness of the inputs, activities and outputs related to the job.
- Strategic planning
- Analytical skills: ability to analyse data thoroughly, form conclusions and propose decisions and actions based on this information.
- Problem resolution and management skills
- Ability to keep self updated on the professional and technical developments in the area of work.
- Good communication: public speaking, presentation skills, writing skills.
- Customer prospecting and ability to close deals: excellent negotiation skills.
- Honesty and integrity
- High level of emotional intelligence: good interpersonal skills.
- Good team player
- Creative, forward thinker ,always on the lookout for improvements
- Optimum use of human resources and materials, avoiding waste
- Ability to supervise the work of subordinates
- Multitasking capability
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize the allotted jobs
- Ability to cope with time pressure and stress
Education & Experience:
- Graduate with Marketing Major or MBA with marketing specialisation.
- Minimum 5 years in the Marketing field, in an FMCG company or with a marketing agency
- Languages: Proficient in English and Kiswahili.
- Computer literate
- Any combination of experience and / or education to perform the job allotted.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to fit the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level quoting the job title in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.