Our client, a leading online travel company in Africa is urgently seeking to recruit a Technology Officer to join their team.
Location: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda
The main duties are;
- Establish the company’s technical vision and leads all aspects of the company’s technological development.
- Directs the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth.
- Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as marketing, production and operations as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission and values.
- Conducts research and case studies on leading edge technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation.
- Identify opportunities and risks for the business.
- Manage research and development (R&D).
- Monitor technology and social trends that could impact the company.
- Participate in management decisions about corporate governance.
- Communicate the company’s technology strategy to partners, management, investors and employees.
- Maintain current information about technology standards and compliance regulations.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology / Computer Science or any related field
- At least 3 years of experience in the same position.
- Must be well versed with Programming, Website Development and Graphic Design.
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ indicating the job tittle “TECHNOLOGY OFFICER” on the subject line by 8th December 2016.
Kindly indicate your preferred location.