Position: IT Network Engineer
Reporting to: Senior Manager – IT Networks
Department: Technology Division
Role Purpose: The IT Network Engineer will provide support in the operation and implementation of enterprise networks.
The role provides support for network systems including problem determination and resolution as necessary.
This position provides network implementation and support services to internal Clients and their Affiliates.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Taking design and architecture documents and produces implementation plans and configuration templates
- Using network performance data to determine network inefficiencies or for problem resolution
- Scheduling and executing complex changes to the Enterprise network
- Communicating directly with key vendors for problem resolution
- Reviewing customer requirements and participates in the development of network solutions to address requirements
- Partnering with business lines, and other departments to ensure successful migrations and achievement of program goals and objectives
- Evaluating and testing design solutions against requirements and produces necessary test documentation
- Overseeing installation and commissioning of corporate LAN and MAN
- Setup, configuration and commissioning of corporate WAN elements and internet gateways
- Establishing the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards; the design and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources
- Securing network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access
- Reporting network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field or relevant work experience.
- 2-3 Years’ experience in a similar position.
- Relevant professional qualifications – CCNA/CCNP Preferred
- Experience in the telecom sector and/or Internet Service Provider will be an added advantage
- Strong Team Work
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to delivery on set timelines.
- Result and Goal oriented
- Ability to meet organisation objectives and goals.
This position is opened to Kenyan citizens only.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 21st November 2016, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through email@example.com and quote the job title in the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.