Job Title: PR Account Manager
Salary: 180K – 250K
Our client is a leading public relations and communications agency in Kenya.
They seek to hire an Account Manager to provide strategic direction to clients, partners and consultants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage teams related to projects given on a day-to-day basis
- Maintain quality control over work produced by the teams by checking and approving all
materials before they go to the client
- Prepare strategic public relations plans and media plans for clients with input from
relevant team members
- Ensure that clients get regular plans and reports such as contact reports, weekly reports as agreed and post project reports within agreed timeframes
- Manage budgets on all accounts and ensure that targets are met within the agreed timeframe
- Checks all invoices are correct against budget and advises accounts department when payments/invoicing are due
- Liaise with third parties/suppliers and agree on budgets for services and expenses
- Holds regular meetings for both internal and external client review meetings to evaluate progress on each account.
- Identify most successful activities, identify problems and review overall objectives and strategy.
- Plan and organize press briefings, press conferences and similar events for client activities
- Devise events that are experiential and unique to the market that will enable the target audience connect emotionally with clients products
- Ensures TOR is being met and all timelines are being adhered to
- Assist in researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Assist in promoting news stories and features to the media for prospective clients
- Provide guidance and training to team members as and when required
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Public Relations & Communications
- Member of Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK)
- Knowledge of different public relations and communications issues
- Strong media relations skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with clients documents and information
- Ability to interact effectively with people in the senior management position
- Be results oriented and self driven
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, both in English and Kiswahili
- Evidence of creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Planning and organisation skills
- Ability to manage a team of individuals
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (PR Account Manager) to email@example.com before Tuesday 6th December, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.