Position Title: QHSE Coordinator – Nairobi
Function / Department: QHSE
Reports To: QHSE Manager – Kenya
Direct Supervises: QHSE Inspectors, Sub-contractors
Job Purpose: To support the implementation of QHSE Management Systems in compliance with company, national and international Standards
- Managing Director
- Deputy Managing Director
- Truck Inspector
- All Departments
- Govt Regulatory bodies
- Nairobi Provincial Environment Committee.
- Nairobi City Council.
- Certification bodies
- Calibration bodies
- Directorate of Industrial Training
- Training Institutions and Companies.
- Equipment maintenance Companies.
Extent of Authority:
- Stop work that is considered unsafe
- Stop purchase and entry of non compliant equipment into the company
- Support the implementation of QHSE Management Systems in compliance with company, national and international Standards
- Conduct regular audits to minimize non conforming activities and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Monitor activities in the company to avoid environmental pollution.
- Ensure a secure, safe and healthy working environment throughout the site.
- Identify QHSE training needs and facilitate delivery of the training
- Conduct periodic tool box meetings with teams on safety matters among others
- Report all incidents and accidents occurring within the sites and ensure the sites meet all statutory requirements of reporting.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports to the Regional Quality Manager for decision making
- Establish emergency response procedures and evaluation plans and ensure all personnel are aware of the plans, procedures and assembly point.
- Constitute a Health, Safety and Environment Committee for the Company that meets the regulations of Bollore Group and local legislation and ensure it is active and its members are trained accordingly.
- Ensure that appropriate personal protective equipments are available, in good condition, and sufficient for all employees.
- Review assigned contracts that the Company draws with service providers so as to ensure that all issues of health, safety and environment have been taken care of in the contract.
- Induct all new employees and contractors on site on all health, safety and environmental policy and regulations to ensure their safety
- Raise requisitions for departmental supplies to facilitate operations
- Customer care
- Computer literacy
- 3 years
- Must have worked in a logistics industry
- Team player
- Bachelors degree in a Science related Field
- Working knowledge of Management Systems e.g. QMS ISO 9001, EMS ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
Qualified candidates to send their CVs to email@example.com on or before 14th November 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted