Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO)
Position: Medical Records Volunteer
Reports to: Clinic Coordinator
Hours: Mon- Fri, 8am to 5pm
Main Purpose of the Job
Job Summary: Under immediate supervision, maintains patient records and statistics; responds to requests for medical records; performs clerical duties.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Collecting, compiling and storing health information data from the facility.
- Processing and summarizing the data into meaningful weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Making and submitting monthly reports to the program and CHMT on time.
- Conducting on – job training for other record clerks in the facility
- Identifying gaps and suggesting ways of improving records and sharing of program data
- Designing and reviewing monitoring and evaluation tools used by the program sectors.
- Entering data into the systems when hard copies are used
- Ensuring accurate data entry into the system
- Trouble shooting and maintenance of health systems