Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO)
Position: Nutritionist Volunteer
Reports to: Clinic coordinator
Hours: Monday- Friday, 8am to 4pm, 2 Saturday a month
Duties and Responsibilities
- Together with the Nutrition Officer, take a lead role in developing the clinic’s nutrition program at both technical and administrative levels.
- Provide nutrition assessment for special needs clients and those identified at high nutritional risk and develop and implement dietary-care plans and nutritional counselling.
- Advise patients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary plans and diet modifications, including food selection and preparation.
- Counsel individuals and groups on basic rules of good nutrition, healthy eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Develop nutrition outreach tools, such as pamphlets or other materials
- Provide nutritional outreach in the community via classes, health talks and collaboration with other SHOFCO programs
- Complete monthly reports as required by the GoK and SHOFCO
- Keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to your job.