Standard Chartered Bank
Job Title: Collections Manager
Job ID: 534210
Job Function: Risk
Location: Kenya – SCB
Regular / Temporary: Permanent
Full / Part Time: Full time
To manage and control all matters relating to Personal Mortgages and Business Banking Collections accounts by constantly reviewing collection procedures and ensuring early collection and recovery actions are taken to maximise prospects of full recovery.
Execute Business Banking , DRP and settlement policies for secured products, analyse and highlight credit failures in the portfolio by identifying ways of improving the credit approval process.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure Credit Risk Management practices are embedded in the Collections Unit.
- Manage the secured portfolio (Personal Mortgage and Business Banking) irregular book to ensure subsequent losses are minimised through the effective implementation of collections activities as laid out in the collections strategies. Specifically, meet the service metrics detailed in the annual job objectives;
- Review processes within collections to identify opportunities and risks to streamline operations, improve service and minimise losses;
- Review Stresses Account Management (SAM) and BB Impaired portfolio for completeness.
- For allocated accounts, work with solicitors throughout the litigation process to ensure optimal collection with minimal legal cost to the bank;
- Work closely with Manager, BB Collections in respect of BB irregular accounts and mortgages and ensure appropriate strategy and follow up through SAM meeting.
- Legal, regulatory, economic and compliance including the following;
- Ensure compliance with the Group’s standard and regulatory requirements pertaining to money laundering and CDD;
- Participate in and/or support the Bank’s effort to combat money laundering;
- Exercise due care and diligence on matters related to Money laundering and CDD in the day to day operations, which include account opening and reviews, transaction monitoring, reporting suspicions, customer communication, implementing new requirements, updating and revising operating procedures, acquire relevant knowledge and training, provide support to superior and subordinates.
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate with 2 year experience in Credit preferably Secured Collections and Recoveries.
- Credit skills
- Good negotiation and communication skills.
- Understands market trends and can interpret impact on portfolio behaviour.
- Full knowledge of Retail Bank Products and those of the competitors
- Knowledge of the Credit MIS
- Good Computer skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Basic Project management skills
Diversity and Inclusion: Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online