Position Title: Stock Taker / Inventory Control
Position Summary: Works closely with Branch Manager and buying department to ensure efficient operations in Inventory, friendly and efficient customer service.
Supports the Branch Manager in maintaining company standards.
Key Result Areas:
- Maintains the accuracy of the physical inventory at the branch.
- Release products as requested by Chief Chef or the Branch Manager.
- Ensure proper and high quality storage of different perishable, dry and wet products.
- Communicates margin issues to buyers and follows up for timely response.
- Insures that cycle counts are being conducted on a timely and regular basis.
- Coordinates Inventory Control with the Receiving, Perishables, Dry Goods Floor and Front End to make sure low stock, out of stock, negative on hand and computer inventory is correct.
- Coordinates writing of adjustment vouches to vendors for damages and meets with vendor reps to obtain their approvals.
- Control markdowns & voids by monitoring damages and overstock.
- Analyzes and determines reasons for negative inventory and margins.
- Reviews store statistical reports for any abnormal or erroneous data.
Requirements, Qualifications & Physical Demands:
Education, Experience And Skills Required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in retail or wholesale.
- Bachelors or Diploma in supply chain and logistics.
- Background in Physical Inventory maintenance/control in a food industry.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, and buying department.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, mass and volume.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation.
- Must be PC literate; working knowledge of MS Office;
- Work Environment
For the most part the ambient temperature will be moderate.
The work is performed standing/walking must be able to stand/walk for up to 2 hours without a break.
Physical labor is moderate to high (seasonal).
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees (1 of which should be immediate, 1 former supervisor and any other) should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 18th November 2016
State your current and Expected Salary
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Stock Taker/Inventory Control’