Our client, a Swiss multinational organisation that specializes in manufacturing and supplying sanitary products and related systems solutions is looking to hire a Senior Sales Manager for their operations in Kenya.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager Eastern Africa, the Senior Sales Manager will be responsible for carrying out special projects and tasks as well as developing the Kenyan market.
The ideal candidate, together with the Regional Sales Manager Eastern Africa and the technical Sales Engineer Kenya will be responsible for the development of the Kenyan market.
S/he is an individual with experience in sales that has strong communication skills and technical capabilities that involve translating and explaining highly complex technical information to customers and clients.
S/he must understand the technical aspects of sanitary products and related system solutions and propose how these aspects can benefit the customer pre- and post- sales.
Strong communication skills are needed to provide advice and support about the products, as s/he will be the key point of contact for clients and will ultimately be responsible for answering queries, providing technical advice, and introducing new products.
The Senior Sales Manager will specifically be responsible for:
- Conducting continued local market research and analysis (market volume, identifying market needs, market competition, price, etc.) to develop recommendations for the Kenyan market approach;
- Maintaining a permanent analysis on external environment (i.e.- market opportunities & threats) à report to RSM
- Maintaining sales and tasks targeted focus
- Working on market specific sales and marketing tools
- Maintaining a close coordination and cooperation with local partners
- Working in creating distribution channels through dealers & target customer groups à concept proposal to RSM
- Building strong business relationship to the market (i.e.-architects, Interior designers, consulting engineers, contractors, developers, project owners)
- Supporting the Regional Sales Manager in defining country-specific product assortments and finding suitable additional distribution partners;
- Ongoing support to Regional Sales Manager (RSM) on business strategic update
- Identifying sales oriented as well as technical trainings for representative partners and their customers;
- Providing technical support to the Company’s sales partners within Kenya;
- Calculating, designing and managing of projects;
- Organizing and conducting local workshops and site visits in Kenya as well as conducting customer care;
- Organizing and conducting visits, factory tours and trainings in Switzerland and Germany;
- Using CRM for all sales activities (customer visit planning, contact reports, project information, etc.); and Consulting and supporting of sanitary and piping systems
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales or any other relevant field;
- Minimum of eight years experience in a sales position;
- Technical sales and communication skills to articulate sanitary products and related system solutions;
- Experience in working on construction sites and in the building industry and/or plumbing/sanitary industry is a strong asset;
- Must have ability to use MS Office and CRM systems. – skills with AutoCAD are a strong asset;
- Excellent verbal ,written, interpersonal, communication , and presentation skills;
- Ability to lead, negotiate, solve problems, and adapt and to work well in high pressure environment;
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and be customer centered;
- Strategic thinking skills and should be innovative, creative and excellent team player;
- Be a trustworthy individual with high integrity; and
- Exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit and have an interest in working for an international company.
If you qualify for this position based on the criteria listed above, please apply for the position on our website:
Candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serious candidates must upload their CV and cover letter.
The cover letter should detail the candidate’s sales management background and experience as they relate to the qualifications listed above.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted