UN World Food Programme – Somalia
Vacancy Announcement No. 033/2016
Post Title: National Programme Officer (M&E)
Contract type: Fixed Term
Post Grade: NOB
Duty Station: Nairobi
Duration: 1 year
Organizational Background: The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates with good knowledge of the local area. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Head of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) and overall supervision of the Senior Programme Policy Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Support planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities on effectiveness of all food assistance intervention;
- Review/give technical feedback on monitoring and evaluation plans for new programmes and budget revisions to ensure that plans are risk-based and focus on measuring results;
- Contribute to the analysis of outcome data and recommend improvements to programme interventions and to enhance WFPs ability to demonstrate outcome focused results;
- Produce frequent monitoring and evaluation progress reports with status of results and implementation of improvements;
- Follow-up on monitoring and evaluation findings to ensure that corrective actions are taken and/or adjustments made to programme responses as required;
- Train national and partner staff in appropriate monitoring and evaluation techniques;
- Work in close collaboration with external counterparts and external partners to strengthen the quality and consistency of monitoring and evaluation activities in the field, data quality, accuracy and consistency to build credible performance evidence;
- Provide monitoring and evaluation findings/recommendations to support performance planning, risk analysis, emergency preparedness, security risk management and risk mitigation activities;
- Perform other duties as required.
Education: Advanced University degree in Sociology, Social Development, Business Administration, Development Economics or Performance Management, Agriculture or the relevant field to international development assistance, or First University degree with additional years of relevant work experience.
Experience: At least three years of post-graduate professional experience in commerce, Business Administration, Development or food assistance support. Professional experience in monitoring, evaluation, training, capacity – building and reporting of development/humanitarian project would be and added advantage.
Language: Fluency (level C) in both oral and written communication in English. Knowledge of Arabic/Somalia would be an added advantage.
Knowledge: Experience using MS Excel, MS Word and Ms Power Point, SPSS and/or other statistics software. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment using the following link:
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 22nd November 2016