Kenya Utalii College
Job Title: Sales and Marketing Manager, Utalii Hotel
Established in 1969, Kenya Utalii College (KUC) is Africa’s premier hospitality and tourism training institution. With over 60,000 graduates to date, the College remains the region’s single largest producer of skilled personnel for the hospitality and tourism industry: a large number of whom hold top-ranking positions in renowned organizations all over the world.
The College is a state corporation established by the Tourism Act, 2011. In its quest to continuously match the dynamic global demand, the Council of Kenya Utalii College has embarked on a transformative agenda for this notable institution.
Accordingly, the Council is looking for an experienced and vibrant professional to fill the following position:
Sales and Marketing Manager, Utalii Hotel
Reporting to the Deputy General Manager of Utalii Hotel, the Sales and Marketing Manager will be responsible for maximizing the hotel’s revenues by developing programs to increase occupancy and make profitable use of its accommodation, meeting and leisure facilities.
He/she will also be expected to manage the hotel as a brand.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Formulating and implementing sound marketing plans, policies, procedures and marketing strategies;
- Organise marketing campaigns to promote product/brand awareness and improve customer loyalty and traffic;
- Oversee designing, development and implementation of new products and services;
- Innovate new products to attract clients;
- Establish and maintain good corporate relations and implement customer care management programmes;
- Monitor and advise on the marketing trends and competition through marketing intelligence survey;
- Preparing and presenting marketing reports;
- Review comments from customers on products and services and take corrective action;
- Spearhead and co-ordinate theme nights and festivity events;
- Budget preparation for the department;
- Ensure performance targets are met.
Skills and Attributes
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree or Bachelor of Business Administration (Marketing Option)
- A member of a relevant professional marketing body
- Five (5) years’ working experience, three (3) of which must be in a senior position
Chapter Six Requirements
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 on Leadership and Integrity and are, therefore, required to submit clearance certificates from the following institutions together with their application:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- A Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
Interested Candidates may apply in writing or via e-mail.
Applications must include a cover letter and detailed CV stating relevant experience and qualifications, current position, remuneration, contact details and references.
Applications must be received on or before 16th November, 2016: late submissions will be rejected.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chairman, Council,
Kenya Utalii College,
Off Thika Road,
P. O. Box 31052-00600,
E-mail applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.