Job Title: Admin & Operations Manager – Vocational Training Institution
Salary: 80K – 150K
Our client is a skills development organization that has recently set up a vocational institution in Kilifi.
They seek to hire an Admin & Operations Manager to manage both staff, trainee and organizational needs.
This includes but is not limited to trainee recruitment, funding, quality assurance, marketing / PR, budgetary / financial administration, project management and human resources management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, coordinate and control large group events, classified meetings, and community and family engagement events
- Local contract manager for transportation, food services, facilities maintenance, security and other third party service contracts
- Work with school staff to manage reporting and data tracking for all special education programs
- Support all operational and logistical projects for start-up operations and prepare reports on site operations
- Respond to and resolve routine internal and external inquiries with parents, employees and school organizations
- Financial/budgetary administration – planning and monitoring
- Handling correspondence – organizing and servicing committee meetings (producing agendas, taking minutes and producing reports etc.)
- Coordinate with the director to maintain a positive, safe learning environment for trainees by enforcing the discipline plan
- Responsible for public relations and communications plan: promote the institution through positive relations with community, businesses, parents and students
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Business Administration or related course
- Minimum 5 year’s administrative experience
- Experience within vocational training organizations
- Experience of working with/training low capacity teams/grass root organizations
- Effective communications skills (including IT skills and report writing)
- Able to do stock taking – maintain equipment, textbook and supply inventories
- A keen eye for detail
- Time management and organization skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Critical thinking and successful leadership of cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Knowledge of principles and practices of administration, supervision and training
- Budget preparation and control expertise
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Admin & Operations Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Thursday 8th December, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.