Agricultural Development Corporation (ADC), a State Corporation under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and fisheries, seeks dynamic and result oriented persons to fill the following positions in its establishment.
Scope: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Financial Controller will ensure effective and continuous improvement of financial control systems, procedures and policies in the organisation.
S/he will also be expected to maintain accurate financial records, timely financial reports, effective cost control and utilization of resources
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Age 35 – 55 years.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics.
- CPA (K) or ACCA,
- 5 years hands-on experience in a senior or similar position.
- Masters Degree in Finance/Strategic Management/Business Administration.
- Experience in Budgeting especially in Government systems will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of computer accounting packages.
- Team Leader with good interpersonal skills and business acumen.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and meet organisation’s financial targets.
Key Result Areas
- Formulating and reviewing finance and accounting procedures and policies.
- Effective management and utilization of resources and assets.
- Preparation of timely and accurate financial accounts in line with approved Budgets.
- Timely preparation and presentation of financial statements to the CEO and the Board.
- Maintenance of accurate records and management of budgets and budgetary controls.
- Maintaining day-to-day, internal controls of accounting systems.
- Developing and implementing strategies relating to overall financial management of the organisation.
- Managing, mentoring, coaching and developing staff in the Division.
- Providing prudent and accurate financial advice to the Management and Board.
Interested candidates should apply, quoting the position reference number on the envelop, attach certified copies of their academic and professional certificates and must submit current clearance certificates of:-, Good Conduct, Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Form, Higher Education Loans Board, Credit Reference Bureau, copy of national identification card/passport detailed resume giving telephone contact, e-mail address, names and contacts of three (3) referees and expected salary on or before 16th December, 2016 to:-
The Managing Director
Agricultural Development Corporation
P.O. Box 47101-00100
or drop at Development House, 10th floor
ADC is an equal opportunity employer
Note: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.