Aga Khan Foundation
Regional Education Advisor East Africa
Are you interested in finding innovative ways to improve education opportunities for the children of East Africa?
Aga Khan Foundation East Africa (AKF) is seeking a dynamic, creative Regional Education Advisor (REA) for East Africa.
Working closely with the Regional Education Programme Manager, the REA will provide technical leadership on programme strategy, design, quality assurance and learning across Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania.
AKF is a private, non-denominational development agency promoting creative solutions to problems that impede social development.
AKF works broadly across five thematic areas: Health, Education, Early Childhood Development, Economic Development and Civil Society Strengthening. AKF is an equal opportunity employer.
Responsibilities / Competencies
- Lead in the development and review of the education and early childhood development sector strategies
- In conjunction with the Resource Mobilisation & Partnerships Unit, lead in the development of ideas, programme concepts and proposals for growing the education portfolio
- Provide quality assurance and technical support in education and early childhood development to the Programme Implementation Team
- Lead in the development of policy briefs and position papers for policy influencing in conjunction with the communications team Lead the communication of programme learning to ensure findings are shared across and between countries
Qualifications and Experiences
- Postgraduate degree in education or related sector, especially in early childhood development or primary education
- Minimum 8 years’ working experience in the education or early childhood development sectors
- Familiarity with international development organisations and donors, especially DFATD, USAID and DFID
- Experience working with governments, bilateral, multilateral, and other development partners to form positive relationships and effective partnerships
- Experience working across cultures with proven skills to communicate effectively
- Experience working in the East African context a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence programme direction and meet diverse stakeholders’ expectations
- Excellent verbal and written skills to deliver messages clearly to various target audiences
How to apply:
Interested applicants are requested to submit their applications with CVs, and a covering letter explaining why they are best suited for the position by 22nd Decenber, 2016 by e-mail to: email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. www.akdn.org