Position: Batching Clerk
Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and raw materials within or between departments of company according to production schedule.
Duties include reviewing and distributing production and work schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work, requirements and completion; and compiling reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs, and production problems.
Functions / Responsibilities
- Review documents, such as production schedules, work orders, or batching staff requirements, to determine personnel or materials requirements or material priorities.
- Requisition and maintain inventories of materials or supplies necessary to meet production demands.
- Confer with department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Distribute production schedules or work orders to departments.
- Examine documents, materials, or products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Compile information, such as production rates and progress, materials inventories, materials used, or customer information, so that status reports can be completed.
- Arrange for delivery, assembly, or distribution of supplies or parts to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules.
- Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production, or engineering.
- Compile and prepare documentation related to production sequences, transportation, personnel schedules, or purchase, maintenance, or repair orders.
- Confer with establishment personnel, or customers to coordinate production or transport activities and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
- Record production data, including volume produced, raw materials consumed, or quality control measures.
- Calculate figures, such as required amounts of labor or materials or wages, using pricing schedules e.t.c.
- Provide documentation and information to account for delays, difficulties, or changes to cost estimates.
- Plan production commitments or timetables for business units, specific programs, or jobs, using sales forecasts.
- Contact suppliers to verify shipment details.
- Establish and prepare product construction directions and locations and information on required tools, materials, equipment, numbers of workers needed, and cost projections
- A strong understanding of TQM will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your application and CV quoting the job title on the email BATCHING CLERK to email@example.com before COB Thursday 19th December, 2016.
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Kindly quote your current/last salary and the position applied for on the subject of your application letter.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.