Title: Emergency Program Intern
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Starting Date: 3rd January 2017
Duration: 6 months
About the Role: CARE International in Somalia is providing the opportunity for internship at its Nairobi office. The intern will join the Humanitarian and Emergency Response team in Somalia / Somaliland.
- Work closely with Senior Emergency Program Officer based in Nairobi and participate in and contribute to the planning, design, implementation and evaluation of projects.
- Follow up on procurement needs in Nairobi.
- Ensure Filling and proper documentation is done for all the Emergency projects.
- In close liaison with Senior Emergency Program Officer provide support to the field staff.
- Assist in reviewing Program Progress Reports (monthly, quarterly and Annual reports)
- Assist in maintaining a report calendar (monthly, quarterly and annual reporting) for all humanitarian and emergency projects in Somalia/Somaliland.
- Write, edit, produce and disseminate program information, including reports, articles and other materials to Emergency team and other units in CARE Somalia.
- Performing other duties as directed by the Emergency Director
- University Degree
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including research skills, proposal and report writing skill
- Good computer skills in MS Word, Excel, SPSS, power point and relevant software packages
- Experience of using online and offline resources for research purposes
- Willingness to get involved with a wide variety of emergency projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of studying in the humanitarian sector
- Experience of database management
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, resolve issues, operate independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with a diverse team to achieve the overall goal
- Ability to work under extreme pressure
- Willingness to travel to the field
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs to SOMRecruitment@care.org by December 18, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.